Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Whimsical Ideas by Pam: Wicked

I had been admiring the polishes from Whimsical Ideas by Pam for a very long time. After she released her Halloween collection, I caved and picked up four polishes: Superhero, Seuss, I Heart NY, and Wicked.

Today, I have Wicked to show you! This one is one of Pam's Halloween polishes, but it will be available year round.


Look at how cute the label is! And she ties little bows on every bottle.


Wicked is a a mix of matte white and black hex glitters, matte black circles (!), and shiny red hexes all suspended in a sheer, shimmery lime green base.


Since Wicked is rather sheer, I decided to layer it. I used two coats of China Glaze's Tree Hugger and two-ish coats of Wicked. I say two-ish because after two coats, I thought some nails (especially my thumbs) need some more glitter, so I dabbed some on.


I had trouble getting a good amount of glitter on the brush. Sometimes I would get no glitter at all! I did a lot of bottle shaking. I didn't have issues with any glitter in particular; the big black circles came out just as readily as the rest of the glitter. The actual formula of the polish was very nice; not too thick. But I did have to dab and place the glitters to get them evenly dispersed on the nails. It took a little finagling to get this mani the way I wanted, but I think it was worth it. It's such an interesting polish! I'm a sucker for lime green. And look at that gold shimmer.


I added two coats of Seche Vite to get this mani smooth. Indie polishes really have a tendency to make me stare at my nails!


Whimsical Ideas by Pam can be purchased via her Facebook page. Just send her an email with the names of the polishes you want, and she'll invoice you.

2 comments: