Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 5: Blue

Day 5's theme is blue. I had actually just received my very first Butter London polishes in the mail when I decided to do this prompt, and among them was a blue! So I decided that would be the base color. I ordered them from Coterie - I got three polishes and a matte topcoat for $10! You can't beat that.

Anyway, I've been meaning to try out that Saran wrap technique, so that's what I decided to do.


I started with two coats of Bluey by Butter London. I let that dry, and then I painted on a coat of Wallis, another Butter London polish. Then I quickly dabbed off the wet polish with some crumpled plastic wrap and voila! Nail art.


I'm definitely a fan of this technique. It's quick and simple, but it produces interesting results! I think next time, I'll pick colors with more contrast.


I'm a fan of these colors, too. They have a lot of depth. I don't think I have anything in my collection that looks like either one of these, so I'm happy with them.


Butter London bottles are hard to hold!

The next day's theme is violet. Stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment