Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teal and Periwinkle Gradient

I've been pretty into gradients lately, and the two new Barry M colors I picked up were just begging to be used together in a gradient. So obviously that's just what I did.


I started with a base of Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Greenberry, a lovely seafoam green that covers in one coat. Then I painted Greenberry and another Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polish, Blueberry, onto a makeup sponge and dabbed that onto the nail to create the gradient.


But of course, I can't leave my manicures alone, so I added some glitter: one coat of China Glaze Snow Globe. The polish looks so pretty in theory, but I always find that it makes my manicures look pitted. I think it's just how the light hits the iridescent sparkles. Sigh.





I wore these nails for spring break. They lasted the typical three days, then I had naked nails for a whole two weeks! That was crazy. But then again, so was my spring break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment