Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ladybug Dots

Today's nail art didn't start out with any particular inspiration in mind, but it turned out to remind me of a ladybug. I just like the red and black color combination! It's so classic, and it's also the colors of my favorite team (the New Jersey Devils). So I started with those colors and just went with it.


I saw this fun pattern on Tumblr. I started with one coat of China Glaze Hey Sailor, a red creme (and a one coater). Then I painted half of my nail diagonally with China Glaze Liquid Leather. I used a dotting tool to make red dots onto the black, then black dots onto the red. The key to this is the interlocking dots where the two colors meet! It's hard to explain, but it's easy to execute.


I've been reaching for my China Glaze polishes a lot lately. I guess it's because my collection is so limited here.



I really like this pattern - it's a fun and easy way to do something new with your dotting tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment