Monday, April 1, 2013

Freaking Out in the Indian Ocean

I have some more English polish for you today (and some more sad iPhone pics)! I bought two polishes by Models Own from Boots: Indian Ocean and Freak Out! So I decided to combine them in a mani.


I started with a base of China Glaze Sea Spray since Indian Ocean looked sheer. Then I added a coat of Indian Ocean, a very pretty light blue with gold and lavender shimmer. It's so lovely! The shimmer translates wonderfully onto the nail, even in low lighting.


Then because I can never have any plain manicures, I used a sponge to add a gradient of Freak Out! to the top of my nails. Freak Out! is a mix of glitter suspended in a clear base: light blue shards, light blue bars, tiny magenta hexes, and medium blue hexes. I think it's a really cool combo of glitters.



Maybe I'll have to pick up some more Models Own polishes now that I've seen how lovely they are!

2 comments:

  1. These look really nice! I might try a variation of this. :) Thanks for the inspiration! x

    www.notanimaltested.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete