Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Liebster Award

Hey guys! The other day, I noticed that Nail Polish Monster nominated me for a Liebster Award in a comment. I had no idea what that was, so I went to her blog post explaining it. Basically, she gives me and some other bloggers 11 questions to answer, and we also state 11 random facts about ourselves. And then we're supposed to nominate some other bloggers with < 200 followers and include 11 questions for them to answer, but we'll see about that haha.

But anyway, I thought it might be a fun thing to do :)

Eleven Random Facts About Me

  1. I have a freckle in the white of my right eye.
  2. I am a Creative Writing and Professional Writing double major at Carnegie Mellon University.
  3. I own a plethora of earrings, and 90% of them are from Claire's. The pair that gets the most compliments are zipper shaped!
  4. I think it's really difficult to choose a favorite anything.
  5. My high school mascot was the lasercat. It's still disputed whether it's spelt "lasercat" or "lazercat."
  6. I have an undying love for The Beatles..
  7. I still unabashedly play my Nintendo 3DS despite the fact that I'm 20 (anyone else excited for the new Paper Mario game?!)
  8. I really like wearing bright pink lipstick.
  9. I am a die hard New Jersey Devils hockey fan.
  10. I've been a vegetarian for over four years.
  11. I am a very angry driver.

Questions from Nail Polish Monster

  1. What is your favorite brand ?
    Hmm...I think I'm gonna say China Glaze! They always put out nice polishes.
  2. What kind of nail art do you like to use ? (rhinestones, micro beads, glitter, fimo, etc.)
    Everything. I'm always up for trying new things! Generally I like things that are quick since I'm usually pressed for time. I love dotting tools.
  3. Do you like using acrylic paint ?
    I've never used it on my nails, but I like using acrylic paint to actually paint!
  4. Where do you usually buy your polish ?
    Sally's, Walgreens, and CVS are the places I check out when I'm at home. Now I've been buying a lot on Etsy, haha.
  5. How often do you buy a new polish ?
    It varies. I always put myself on no-buys and then break them :(
  6. How many polishes do you own ?
    Around 400 oh my gosh haha.
  7. How often do you paint your nails ?
    Every few days. 2-4 times a week.
  8. How much is too much for a polish to cost ?
    I don't like paying any more than $10. I think they should cost around $5.
  9. Do you like glitter polish ?
    YES.
  10. What's your favorite design that you have done on yourself ?
    I really liked my Pokeball nails. And my Harry Potter nails!
  11. How do you feel about drugstore polish (Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.)
    Drugstore polish is just as good as high end polish! And you can get like three drugstore polishes for the price of one high end.

My nominees (looks like I only know of 4!):

My Questions:

  1. What's your favorite non-nail polish beauty brand?
  2. What got you into nail polish?
  3. Is there a certain color of polish that you always seem to buy?
  4. How do you feel about indie nail polish?
  5. If you could create your perfect nail polish color, what would it be?
  6. What do your friends think of your polish collection?
  7. What's your favorite color combo?
  8. Do you have an overall obsession with makeup or just polish?
  9. What's the most expensive polish you own?
  10. How do you store your collection?
  11. Besides nail polish, what's another one of your loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment