Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 2: Orange

Today I have Day 2 of the 31 Day Challenge! The theme is orange.

I'd been wanting to try a half moon mani for a while. As you may or may not know, you can create this look using paper reinforcement stickers.


The process is simple enough. The color you want to use for the half moons will be your base color. I used Stone Cold by ORLY. Let that dry, then place the paper reinforcement stickers at the top of your nails so they're covering a half moon shape. Then paint another color over it! I used Burst of Mango Creme by Sephora, a darkened orange creme. I also add a coat of Fresh Squeezed by Nicole by OPI to add some shimmer to the orange. It's like a modified tape mani.


I really like colorblocks of contrasting colors!


It's a little messy, but not too bad for my first try.

The next challenge theme is yellow! Look for that in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment