Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 3: Yellow

I've certainly had a busy weekend - I was on call for work, and I also came down with a terrible cold :( But I'm feeling a bit better now despite my incredibly raspy voice. Onto the nails:

The theme of Day 3 is yellow! This mani turned out to be almost as much purple as yellow, but oh well.


I started out with three coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow. I started this mani with the intention of doing a glitter gradient with a stamped accent nail, but that's not really what happened.


I used a makeup sponge to add Milani One Coat Glitter in Purple Gleam to my tips. I decided I didn't really like how it looked on its own, so I added a little bit of Another Heart Breaks by Dandy Nails onto the gradient.


I originally wanted to do a stamping accent nail. I tried stamping a pattern on with Sexy Divide by Essie, but I decided it was too light. So I redid my finger with a yellow base and freehanded some swirls with a striping brush. Then on a whim, I added some dots of Purple Gleam to all of my nails.


Also, my new light box came in! I had fun playing around with it. I think I need to get some better lights though. It's kind of a pain to set up every time I want to take pictures, but it's also nice that it folds up for storage. I don't wanna take up too much room; I do have roommates after all!


The next day's theme is green. But I don't know - I think I might do every other mani as a challenge mani. I just have so many indies that I want to try out! At that rate, it'll be slow going with this challenge, but I really did it for some inspiration for nail art.

1 comment:

  1. I nominate you for the Liebster Award !
    Here is my blog post about how it works.
    http://nailpolishmonster.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete