Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snowflake Glitter Gradient

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I've been quite busy the past few days. Today, I arrived in Sheffield, England! I'll be spending a semester abroad at Sheffield Hallam University, so it's been a really crazy week of preparation and travel for me. I'm really tired since I didn't sleep on the plane (essentially pulling an all-nighter), but I'm excited and really glad to be relaxing in my new apartment right now. Obviously, since I'm abroad, I won't have my full collection of nail polish with me for the next few months. I have a decent amount with me, so I hope to post as often as possible :)

Anyway, on to the polish.

I haven't really seen any snow so far this winter (until this morning when I arrived in England), so I elected to put some on my nails instead!


I started with a base of China Glaze Blue Bells Ring, a pretty blue with a silver shimmer/frost. Then I used a snowflake design from a Bundle Monster plate (I forget which one!) and used Konad Special Polish in White to stamp a snowflake onto each nail. I wanted to place them a bit randomly, but the snowflakes were rather large. Then I used a makeup sponge to add a gradient of China Glaze Glistening Snow. To make the gradient a bit smoother, I used China Glaze Fairy Dust, which is essentially just a less dense version of Glistening Snow. Yay holo glitter!


I'm really proud of how well the stamping came out! I'm usually not too good at it.





And that's all for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment