Saturday, January 5, 2013

Galaxy Nails

I got an A in my astronomy class this semester! I'm not particularly science inclined, so this is an accomplishment :) I had been meaning to try galaxy nails for the longest time, so this seemed like a good occasion to try them.


They didn't come out exactly like I'd imagined, but I'm pleased with them nonetheless. They're relatively easy to do. I started with a black base, then used a makeup sponge to dab on blobs of white, purple, and blue. I used a sponge to add some glitter, then used a dotting tool and white polish to make some stars.


I took quite a few pictures of these nails. You can see those as well as a list of the polishes I used after the jump.




I used a bunch of colors. I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out. Then I used:
China Glaze Frostbite
China Glaze First Mate
China Glaze Purple Panic
China Glaze Flying Dragon
China Glaze White on White
China Glaze Fairy Dust
China Glaze Some Like It Haute
Sinful Colors Super Star

Can you tell I like China Glaze?






I'd definitely do galaxy nails again. They're not really difficult; they just require some patience. Next time, I think I'd try a different kind of sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment