Thursday, November 29, 2012

Flakey Patchwork Mani

I just got back from Student Health Services - I accidentally sliced open a knuckle (and on my photographing hand too)! Luckily, no stitches are required. I just have to try not to bend it too much. I just painted my nails yesterday, so hopefully it heals up a bit before my next manicure. It'll be hard to take pictures without bending my finger!

Anyway, today I have some nail art for you! I bought a bunch of Sinful Colors before I came back to school, but I never got around to trying them. So I did a patchwork mani to test some out.


I started with a base of Sinful Colors Winterberry, a dusty purple. Very pretty! Then I freehanded a thick striped of Sinful Colors Mint Apple and let that dry. I did a final stripe of Sinful Colors Innocent, which was really thick and goopy :( I decided that wasn't enough, so I added a coat of Finger Paints Flecked, which is a clear base with blue-green flakies.



I think the thickness of Innocent made it a little messy, but it's still came out okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment