Monday, August 13, 2012

Color Block and Funky Dots

I have some fun nail art for you today...I have no idea what to call it though! Color block and dots makes the most sense, I suppose.


I had been wanting to try out a new China Glaze polish I picked up a few weeks ago, First Mate. So I went through my collection and found some other colors that went well with it, and came up with this color combination. I really like the combination of dark/neutral and brights!


I started with a base of Below Deck by China Glaze. This color is hard to describe; I guess I'd say it's sort of purple leaning nude color. I waited for that to dry. Then I taped off half off my nails and painted a coat of First Mate, a dark navy creme, on the other half of the nail.


I gave that a bit of time to dry before I started on the dots.


Using a medium size dotting tool, I added alternating dots of China Glaze in Electric Pineapple, a yellow-green creme, and China Glaze in Purple Panic, a purple neon, to each nail. Then I went back and took a smaller dotting tool to add smaller dots inside of each dot.


I finished it up with a top coat of Seche Vite, and voila! Fun, funky nail art.

4 comments: