Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chrome and Rainbow Polka Dots!

Classes started up for me yesterday, so I decided to do some fun nail art for the first day of school. A little bit of rainbow never hurt anyone!


I started with a base of No Place Like Chrome by Essie. I had seen a good review of this polish, but I did not like the formula on this one. It was streaky and a bit thick, and if I painted over an area, the brush would pull the polish and create bald spots. Maybe some polish thinner will help it out?

Please excuse my bandages...I had an unfortunate run in with a thorn bush!
I grabbed a dotting tool and added some rainbow polka dots to the silver to make this mani more fun. Here are the colors used:

Turquoise: Turned Up Turquoise (China Glaze)

Pink: Oh Cabana Boy (ORLY)
Green: Fresh (ORLY)
Purple: Grape Pop (China Glaze)
Orange: Sun Kissed (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear)




Having a cute design on my nails always cheers me up. If I have to wake up at 8 in the morning for class, at least my nails are bright and happy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your nails look really amazing, but I didn't really get how you made the dots so well and just to cheer you up I have to wake up at 6 in the morning for school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to wake up at 6 am for high school, so at least in college it's later...and I only have to wake up at 8 am 2 days a week. But that's awful for you :( mornings aren't fun!

      Delete
    2. And as for the dots, you can find dotting tools on Amazon for very cheap. I have these:
      http://www.amazon.com/Marbleizing-Dotting-Nail-Manicure-Pedicure/dp/B004OHQR1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347087269&sr=8-1&keywords=dotting+tools
      If you just put a dot of polish on a paper plate, you can dip the dotting tool in the polish and then onto your nail to create dots :) It's very simple and you have a lot of possible designs!

      Delete