Monday, June 3, 2013

Nautical/Patriotic Floral Print

Today, I have some accidentally patriotic nails for you. But they're extra appropriate because:

I'M HOME!

I returned from my semester abroad today, and I'm officially back in the good ol' USA. It's really been such a crazy, wonderful, eye-opening, unforgettable semester. The past four months have really flew by, and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to study in England and travel throughout Europe. I've grown so much as a person, and I've made so many memories that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I'm really, really going to miss it, but I'm also so happy to be home. So many emotions!

But anyway, nails:


I've seen a few combinations of stripes and floral that inspired me to do my own. I reached for some colors that I thought would work well together, and they just happened to be red, white, and blue! Nautical or patriotic; either way, it's a good color combo.


For the striped nails, I started with a base of China Glaze White on White. Then I used striper brushes to freehand stripes of First Mate, Hey Sailor, and Sea Spray, all by China Glaze. The lines aren't perfect, but I think they came out pretty well! The topcoat smudged my ring finger a bit, but oh well.


For the floral print nails, I started with a base of First Mate. Then I used a dotting tool to make the flowers using White on White, Sea Spray, and Hey Sailor. I used a smaller dotting tool to make the dots inside the flowers. For the leaves, I used a nail art brush to freehand them using Sea Spray.





I really like how these came out, imperfections and all. And it feels so good to be back in my home country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment