Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Enchanted Polish: Hey Jude

Let me preface this post by saying that I am a huge Beatles fan. My dad passed his love for the Beatles onto me, and I've been pretty obsessed ever since. When I decided to study abroad in England, I knew I had to take a trip to Liverpool, the birthplace of the Beatles. Luckily, Liverpool isn't too far from Sheffield! We took a two day trip. Since I knew I was going to the home of the Beatles, I chose a polish appropriate for the occasion: Hey Jude by Enchanted Polish.


Hey Jude, named for the very famous Beatles song, is a beautiful duochrome with scattered holo. Most of the time, the polish appears green, but it shifts to pink, purple, and gold.

I miss my light box! These photos don't do it justice.


To conserve this beautiful polish, I layered one coat of it over China Glaze Liquid Leather. Then I added purple rhinestones from the Born Pretty store for a pop of contrast.


Trying to capture the holo!


I love all of the Beatles polishes by Enchanted Polish :) Hey Jude is no exception.

Here are two bonus pictures from our trip to Liverpool! If you're ever in Liverpool, I totally recommend going on the Fab Four Taxi Tour. We got to see so many cool Beatles sights, and our tour guide was absolutely fabulous. It was one of the best parts of my whole England trip so far.

The Penny Lane Barbershop!

The grave of Eleanor Rigby

The plaque on the church where Paul and John first met. 
Okay, hope you enjoyed the polish and the pictures! And remember, all you need is love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment